Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Male pride.

Wow what a funny topic!  I know that I am a pretty prideful....I think its something that just comes naturally to all males.  My this is bigger, my that is better because this, and I did this every see it because I did it.  
The question is how much pride is too much.  When do you ask for help?  Should you let your pride get in the way of asking for or accepting help from somebody who offers it?  I know I am the kind of person that doesn't like to ask for help and when I do its usually yelling for it, expecting whom ever I ask to drop what they are doing to help me at that exact instant and the longer they take the more frustrated I get.  And though I take it out on them I'm not mad at them I'm mad at the situation and myself for not asking for help before I was to the point of yelling.  I am sorry to anyone reading this that has been on the receiving end of these actions whether by me or by somebody else.  
The moral of the story is life is to short to be too prideful to ask for help or accept help BEFORE you actually need it and could potentially hurt yourself or somebody else physically or mentally.  I hope that I can live up to that.

1 comment:

  1. You take after your Mom! I know you'll live up to it. Just one step and day at a time. I love ya kid!

    ReplyDelete