Monday, February 9, 2009

Moods

Isn't it interesting that the mood of a person or group can influence the mood of another?
I've found this to be the case pretty much everywhere and to be honest its rather annoying.  I understand why/how it happens but I think the world would be a much happier place if good moods were as contagious as bad moods seem to be these days.
One of the things I've tried to do as a customer at different stores and restaurants etc. is to smile a lot and say thank you and have a good night/day whichever the case may be.  I'm not sure if it helps anybody if they are having a bad day but I feel better for trying.
At work I try to make every customer smile and/or laugh.  There are some customers that come in that you would never think smile ever and I've seen them smile and it makes my day that for at least few seconds in their day they were able to smile and feel happy.  What a wonderful feeling to know that I could've made a difference in their entire day.  

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this post. It is annoying that moods, especially bad ones, are so contagious. Good for you for trying to make someone else smile but just for moment in their day.

    ReplyDelete