Saturday, January 31, 2009

My boy

My son Mikey amazes me everyday and just like every parent I worry about him and hope the best for him always.  Just like most children Mikey is very shy when we go to a new place at first but after a while he loosens up and is ready to play.  Up until that point I am right there for him to hold him and make him feel safe.  What a wonderful feeling to know that he feel to know that I make him feel safe.  
Last night we had a chance to take dinner to our friends Dave & Carrie whom we haven't seen for a while.  When we got there like usual as soon as I put him down he turned right around signaling he wasn't ready to be down.  So we sat on the couch.  While daddy was talking and catching up Mikey was checking out the place and Gabriel their son.  After a few minutes Mikey felt comfortable and he went around with Gabriel playing and having a great time.  
We ate and talked for a few hours before we decided it was time to go home.  When we left Mikey gave Gabriel a high five and a "Pound it".  What a neat thing to see them interact with one another.  I smiled the whole way home.  Though I know we don't really need one but we have an excuse to get together with Dave & Carrie so our kids can play again.
  I feel so lucky and blessed to live in an area with friends and family so close to me.  And though the world around us seems to be falling apart with the economy so bad and wars etc.  I know that if I ever needed anything I have lots of people around that could help me out.  I hope they know I offer the same help if they need it.  

3 comments:

  1. Nope, you guys don't need an excuse to hang out with us, but it sure is fun to watch those guys play together. I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming over. I know that your family is already big and you guys don't need more people in it but I always feel like we are a part of it. It's alot better being so close to you guys, instead of being on the other side of town

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a good Daddy. You gave me a great grandson Too!

    ReplyDelete